Open call: Conscious Cities Anthology 2019: Science-informed architecture and urbanism
Official publication of the 2019 Conscious Cities Festival.
In anticipation of the 2019 Conscious Cities Festival this October, we are delighted to announce an open call for submissions to its official publication — showcasing the diverse and impactful thinking by Conscious Cities practitioners.
For this issue, we are soliciting submissions related to the Conscious Cities manifesto from both festival participants and the general public. Festival participants have the freedom to submit any piece of work, regardless of what they plan to present. Casting this wide net will not only further demonstrate the vital and diverse work being done within the Conscious Cities movement, but also serve as a way to strengthen the network of practitioners involved, and expand the conversation even further.
Submissions can address the following:
- How can we improve architecture and urban design through a human-centered approach?
- What can science teach us about the behavioural, cognitive, and biological effects of the built environment? Where can science bring insights to architecture and urban design?
- Where can data and technology improve human-centered outputs in the built environment?
We are seeking abstracts or pitches for the Anthology by Monday, 5th August, with final drafts to be submitted by Monday, 16th September. The publication will launch on October 7th, prior to the Conscious Cities Festival in New York, October 15th-19th.
Details for the proposals are as follow:
- Format: Research papers/summaries; Opinion pieces; Case studies
- Length: Between 500 - 2000 words, or 3 minutes max if a multimedia pitch
- Tone: clear and accessible to a general audience. Refer to issues of the Conscious Cities Journal for examples.
- Referencing: Oxford Style (Endnotes and Reference list)
Materials to include in your submission, formatted as a single pdf:
- The proposal text: if proposal includes multimedia, include an active link to view or download
- Short bios for the authors, including links to professional identity
- Contact information for authors
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org