At the CCD, our work is a beautiful paradox: reactionary, dynamic, collaborative yet systemic and sustainable.
We operate in the same workflow that we promote in the conscious city movement: people-centric and research informed. Our fellows come from an interdisciplinary and global pool of experts including CEO’s, Project Managers, Academics, and Entrepreneurs who unite under the shared passion and dedication to conscious design.
When people ask us, what is the CCD, the answer is quite simple. We are a family- a plexus of creative dissidents, humanitarian strategists, and the radically curious united by passion, a drive for social change, and utterly nerdy fascinations. We might be dreamers, but our imagination is grounded in science, policy, lived-experience, governance, communities, arts, culture, education, and economics. Our gizmo of choice? Holistic conscious design.
The core of the CCD is people like you joining us to advocate, research, and push the design field into a deeper, multiplicitous, concept of design informed by research and local communities rather than the bottom line.
We would love to get connected. There are many ways to join The CCD’s efforts, either individually or through your organisation. (See the full involvement chart here)
Partner and Sponsor
Partner with the CCD
The CCD is a not-for-profit think tank that relies on the support of organisations that share its primary objective: To improve people’s lives and communities through conscious design. We have a number of sponsorship packages for companies of different sizes and are happy to discuss how they can fit your organisational goals. Contact us to arrange a call about funding opportunities or other forms of partnerships.
Work with our Fellows
As a global think tank advocating for a conscious approach to the development of urban spaces we are always willing to share our knowledge where it is needed. We can support your organization or project in numerous ways, such as enacting a board of our fellows or providing workshops or project feedback. Our fellows offer local, international, and technical expertise to help you make crucial decisions in your project or campaign.
We are open to various modes of cooperation and will work with you to find the best fit.
Possible modes of partnership include:
- 1. Basic advice in a form of a discussion panel with a board of fellows
- 2. Set of workshops to develop aspects of your strategy together with our fellows
- 3. Written report based on the overview of the provided documentation
Contact: Please contact us at: [email protected] to discuss further.
We start with an introductory conversation for each person or organization, so that we can best figure out how to meet your needs and specialize your CCD team. We are excited to hear from you!
To be a collaborator at the CCD, you would have the opportunity to contribute in numerous, critical, ways without the same level of involvement and leadership expected of fellows. Avenues for collaboration include becoming a sporadic or long-term author, editor, and/ or organizer.
You can submit articles for publication to one of three CCD publishing branches:
- The Journal of Science-Informed Design: our peer-reviewed publication.
- The Conscious Cities Anthology: a collection of articles on a given topic, which is published a week before the annual Conscious Cities Festival. Sign up for our newsletter to receive notification of the call for papers.
- A CCD Focus Area: Domains run by CCD fellows which explore different areas of research.
- If you would like to organise a Conscious Cities event or any other addressing the subjects of Conscious design, Science-informed design, or Human-centred design please contact us to discuss partnerships.
Become a Fellow
We are pausing onboarding any new fellows at this time. You may still submit an application to be reviewed in about 3-4 months.
If you would like to work with a given domain, please contact the fellow(s) on that domain directly.